Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Forensics Advice for Writers

Looking for authenticity in your crime writing? A great source is Tom Adair's Forensics4Writers blog. I'll let Tom introduce himself.

"My name is Tom Adair and I am a retired senior criminalist with 15 years of forensic experience. I don’t usually like laying out my credentials because I’m not that different from hundreds of other forensic scientists out there but I want you to know that I do have the expertise to write about these topics. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology and a Master’s degree in Entomology. I have served as the president of the Association for Crime Scene Reconstruction, Rocky Mountain Association of Bloodstain Pattern Analysts, and the Rocky Mountain Division of the International Association for Identification. While in law enforcement I was triple board certified in forensic related fields and one of only 40 board-certified bloodstain pattern analysts and 80 board-certified footwear examiners worldwide.

"In addition to writing over 60 scientific papers, I have worked as the editor of an international peer-reviewed science journal and have been interviewed by and consulted for television, text books, novels, magazines, and newspaper articles including documentaries on the Discovery Channel and National Geographic."

This wonderful man posts articles of general interest to writers, and in addition, he will answer forensics questions specific to your book! What a deal, especially for zero cost. Pass along this reference blog to your writer (and reader) friends. Tom's tag line: I have lived a life that most crime authors only write about. 

Tom has taken the leap into fiction himself, with a debut book Scent of Fear coming out in 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment